Friday, 20 February 2015

Maths - geometry

We have been learning about shapes and position words. Position words tell us where something is or where it is going. 

We use words like: On the cushion, on the mat, In front, behind, the back of the class, around, under, beside, between, middle, on top, in, through, out, off. 
We have also learned about turns and can make full and half turns. Quarter turns were new for us and can be tricky.

Task: Pick a picture of the blocks in a pattern (dont show your buddy). Using our maths words describe how to make the pattern. Remember to give accurate clear instructions.

Success Criteria:
  • I use the correct names for shapes 
  • I use our maths postiton words
  • I  give clear instructions about position
  • I follow postion instructions

My Shapes 















I use the correct names for shapes


I use our maths postiton words


I give clear instructions about position


I follow position instructions




Reflection

I can: Put the shapes where they need to go.

It was hard when: People say the wrong place to put the shapes.

I really liked: Being the person that says where to put the shapes.

Kerri thinks



Heidi, you have worked hard to learn and use our maths position words. Learning in the playground and practising by playing games like Simon Says really helped us. It is tricky to follow instructions when they are not clear and that makes it difficult to make the pattern match the picture. It is also tricky to use the maths words when you can point your hand to show where to put the shape! Remember to keep on using those words in and out of the classroom to give clear instructions and directions.
Kerri

1 comment:

  1. Tell me who fills out which target boards Heidi, are you the green? Yellow? Or red?
    Love from Mum xo

    ReplyDelete