Friday, 22 May 2015

Telling my story

On Friday 15th of May we had the Junior School cross-country. We ran hard in the mud and the puddles; some of us even ran up and down Cycle Mountain!
We decided to tell our cross-country stories. We have done this in two ways. Firstly we we wrote our story. We used our senses to help add some details to our writing. We thought about what we could see, what we could hear, what we could feel and how we felt in our heart.
We also told our story in ‘code’. With Carolyn we thought about how we can use paint and symbols to share our story. Again we thought about what we could see, what we could hear, what we could feel and how we felt in our heart.

Success Criteria:
  • Plan my writing
  • Add details to my writing
  • Create a code to tell my story
  • Speak clearly and with expression as I tell my story


How I am going
Plan my writing
Kerri thinks

Add details to my writing
Kerri thinks

Create a code to tell my story
Kerri thinks

Speak clearly and with expression as I tell my story
Kerri thinks

Reflection

I really like: adding to our writing

I think I need to practice: doing speech marks

Something that really helped me was: my sory

Kerri ThinksYou have told your cross country story in 2 different ways. First you used your senses to plan and write your story and then you painted your story in 'code'. When you are thinking about your learning please add some more details, your typing will get faster and faster with practise.
You plan your writing and can use a bubble plan. Your next step is to add some details to the plan. This will help you add details to your stories.









































1 comment:

  1. Cross country was a great day for you all! The weather was fabulous and crikey Heidi.... Did you run!! Awesome effort!

    ReplyDelete