Sunday, 7 June 2015

My reading

WALT: make predictions about what I read

Task
Create a ‘movenote’ or a show me on the ipad to share your learning. Take a photo of the book you are reading and record your predicitons about the story. Then record yourself reading a page or 2. Were your predicitons correct? Did you have to change them as you read?
Remember to show your learning, check the success criteria… Have you reached your goal?

Success Criteria:
  • I use the title, the blurb and the pictures to make predications.
  • I use what I have already read to make predications.
  • I have included a picture of the book I am reading.
  • I read in a clear voice. 


How I am going
I use the title, the blurb and the pictures to make predications.
Kerri thinks

 

I use what I have already read to make predications.
Kerri thinks


I have included a picture of the book I am reading.
Kerri thinks


 I read in a clear voice. 
Kerri thinks

Reflection

I really like: that you get to share your ideas

I think I need to practice: having my ideas earlier and practice using the pictures to make my prediction.

Something that really helped me was: when Kerri showed me the pictures and we talk about the book first.

Kerri thinks
You are practising using the title, pictures and the blurb to help make predictions (thinking about what you are going to read even before you start). In our reading group you share you ideas and thinking about predicitons. Your next step is to use practise during independent reading to. Remember to keep on thinking 'what is going to happen next?' as your read. This strategy will help you to understand what you read.

1 comment:

  1. Your reading is coming along so well Heidi, you should be proud of your efforts! Well done!
    Love from Mama xox

    ReplyDelete