Sunday, 6 September 2015

My mum

In High5 we have been practising writing to describe. That means we are trying to get the reader to see what we see, we are using our words to create a picture. We have been adding details to our writing to help make the picture clearer.

Task:
Our job is to do this planning and write our own story about a person in our family that is special to us.

Success Criteria:
  • I planned my writing 
  • I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
  • I did some fixing by myself
My writing:


How I am going

I planned my writing
Kerri thinks

I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
Kerri thinks

I did some fixing by myself
Kerri thinks

Reflection

My favourite part was: writing about my mum because she is nice to me and she always does reading stories with me before bed.

It was really hard when: describing my mum, I thought she was tall but she is quite short.

Something that really helped me was: Kerri showed us and we had a go as a class then we wrote our own ones.

Something new I learned was: describing means what they look like and how they move. It's about trying to get the reader to know what you see instead of a picture you use words.

Kerri Thinks
What a fantastic reflection Heidi. You have thought about your learning, what was tricky and what was new. You can plan your writing and then use the plan to make sure you have added details. These details help to create a clear picture in your readers mind. Using a simile might help you to describe how tall your mum is... she is tall compared to you, she is as tall as a ?

No comments:

Post a Comment